Where: Trinidad and Tobago (10.5° N, 61.2° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 57.5° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. THICKNESS: Unknown AGE: Stated to be "Lower Miocene" in text, but potentially could be younger in more recent revisions; an Early Miocene age is presently assigned. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Penny, Bullbrook; reposited in the USNM
• COLLECTORS: F. W. Penny and J. A. Bullbrook (unknown date, but presumably during the 1910's-early 1920's). REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. C. Mansfield. 1925. Miocene gastropods and scaphopods from Trinidad, British West Indies. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 66(22):9116-9125 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 74925: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 05.09.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)