Where: Suffolk County, New York (41.1° N, 72.1° W: paleocoordinates 41.1° N, 72.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: no stratigraphic data reported in text, Gardiners Clay and Jacob Sand according to Richards (1962). Jacobs Sand (Sangamon-Wisconsin) overlies the Gardiners Clay (Sangamon). AGE: Sangamon (MacClintock and Richards 1962), Pleistocene (Richards 1962).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified claystone and sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• SOURCE: List compiled from earlier lists based on earlier collections. COLLECTOR: Packard (1865), Verrill (1875), Fuller (1914), MacClintock andf Richards (1936). REPOSITORIES: Collections held in various museums, possibly including the Academy of Natural Sciences, USNM, MCZ (Cambridge), and AMNH.
Primary reference: W.B. Clark. 1906. Pliocene and Pleistocene. Maryland Geological Survey [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 61270: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.06.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)