Also known as Sando et al. Trout Creek Loc.50
Where: Washakie County, Wyoming (43.5° N, 107.5° W: paleocoordinates 3.5° N, 35.3° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ranchester Member (Amsden Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• Dolomite within about 50 ft of base of Tensleep Sandstone. "Pennsylvanian (Morrowan?)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, lenticular, concretionary, gray, yellow, sandy, cherty/siliceous dolomite and green, red shale
Reposited in the USGS
• "Collected by H.A. Tourtelot, 1947. Fossils listed by Tourtelot, 1953, table 2."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5724: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 17.11.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)