Where: Venezuela (11.2° N, 70.3° W: paleocoordinates 11.0° N, 68.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• basin-level geographic resolution
When: Urumaco Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Urumaco Formation. AGE: Correlations indicate Middle Miocene-Early Pliocene in text; suggested to be Late Miocene according to Gamero (1997); placed by enterer in late Miocene on the basis of faunal composition . STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: General list for formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: UNEFM, Venezuela.
Primary reference: O. A. Aguilera. 2004. Tesoros Paleontológicos de Venezuela 1-148 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92751: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2009, edited by Mark Uhen, Catalina Pimiento, Evangelos Vlachos and Miranta Kouvari
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)