Where: India (23.1° N, 69.0° E: paleocoordinates 17.8° N, 68.3° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chasra Formation, Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Chasra Fm, , which regionall overlies the Khari Nadi Fm (Late Oligocene). AGE: Burdigalian, on the basis of foraminiferal and macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 6 m high section, which includes a succession of siltstones, claystones, and sandstones, with 0.5-1.0 m thick intercalated sandy shell concentrations.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Harzhauser et al in 2008; reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: M. Harzhauser and colleagues, c. 2007-2008. REPOSITORY: NHMW, Vienna.
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser, M. Euter, W. E. Piller, B. Berning, A. Kroh and O. Mandic. 2009. Oligocene and Early Miocene gastropods from Kutch (NW India) document an early biogeographic switch from Western Tethys to Indo-Pacific. Palaeontologische Zeitschrift 83:333-372 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 111230: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)