Where: Villa Clara, Cuba (22.5° N, 80.1° W: paleocoordinates 22.7° N, 70.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Eocene (56.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• From limestone. Eocene? age. No other information provided.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, gray limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original calcite
Collected by Palmer; reposited in the USNM
• Collected by R. H. Palmer. Reposited at the USNM.
Primary reference: G. A. Cooper. 1979. Tertiary and Cretaceous Brachiopods from Cuba and the Caribbean. Smithsonian Contributions to Paleobiology 37:1-45 [A. Hendy/K. Hendy/K. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 134810: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Katherine Hendy on 17.10.2012, edited by Alexis Rojas
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)