Where: Camaguey, Cuba (21.5° N, 77.3° W: paleocoordinates 21.5° N, 67.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Eocene (56.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• Eocene age. No other information provided.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: mesofossils
Preservation: original calcite
Collected by Palmer in 1948; reposited in the USNM
• Collected by R. H. Palmer. Reposited at the USNM.
Primary reference: G. A. Cooper. 1979. Tertiary and Cretaceous Brachiopods from Cuba and the Caribbean. Smithsonian Contributions to Paleobiology 37:1-45 [A. Hendy/K. Hendy/K. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 134811: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Katherine Hendy on 17.10.2012, edited by Alexis Rojas
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)