Also known as PJ 0953
Where: Ecuador (0.9° N, 79.9° W: paleocoordinates 0.1° N, 77.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Borbon Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Borbon Fm, which is regionally overlain by the Esmeraldas Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Middle Miocene, on the basis of microfossil biostratigraphy; nannofossil zones N11-13; planktonic zones N13-N14. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Molluscs in lenses, 2-3 m above high tide, partly in crossbedded layers. In conglomerates, mostly pectinids, in sandstones, Turritella and large Modiolus.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; shelly/skeletal conglomerate and shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jung in 1971; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: P. Jung, 1971. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1989. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of the Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 134906: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)