Where: Meade County, South Dakota (44.2° N, 103.3° W: paleocoordinates 41.7° N, 51.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fuson Member (Lakota Formation), Late/Upper Valanginian to Late/Upper Valanginian (140.2 - 125.5 Ma)
• The Stage Barn Canyon Road section has been measured and sampled for ostracods in horizons bracketing and including OMNH locality V1254 (Fig. 4). We interpret this section to represent much of (and perhaps only) the Fuson Member, including fluvial units 3 and 4 (S3 and S4, after Dahlstrom and Fox 1995) of the Lakota Formation (Fig. 3).
•Estimated age constraints for the section including OMNH locality V1254, and other ostracod assemblages of the eastern sequences, are late Valanginian–early Barremian (Fig. 2).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine - large; sandstone
Size classes: mesofossils, microfossils
Collected by OMNH field parties in 2001–2003
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• OMNH, Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
•The specimens described in this study were collected and prepared following standard methods of microvertebrate sampling detailed by Cifelli (1996).
Primary reference: R. L. Cifelli, B. M. Davis, and B. Sames. 2014. Earliest Cretaceous mammals from the western United States. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 59(1):31-52 [R. Benson/R. Benson/J. Tennant]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135450: authorized by Roger Benson, entered by Roger Benson on 26.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)