Where: Falcon, Venezuela (11.3° N, 69.4° W: paleocoordinates 10.8° N, 66.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Miocene (23.0 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within sequence.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
• COLLECTOR: Hodson, F. and others, Standard Oil Company of Venezuela. REPOSITORY: PRI (Ithaca, NY).
Primary reference: F. Hodson, H. K. Hodson, and G. D. Harris. 1927. Some Venezualan and Caribbean Mollusks. Bulletins of America Paleontology 13(49):1-160 [A. Miller/A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135496: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)