Where: Meknès-Tafilalet, Morocco (30.9° N, 4.0° W: paleocoordinates 17.9° N, 4.0° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Ifezouane Formation, Cenomanian (100.5 - 93.9 Ma)
• Taphonomic comparison with other macrovertebrate fossils from the Errachidia Province studied by the authors (e.g., Novas et al., 2005a; Cau and Maganuco, 2009) and the lithology of the matrix that encrusted the specimen prior to preparation support the referral of the latter to the Ifezouane Formation (Russell, 1996; Sereno et al., 1996; Cavin et al., 2010).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by a local commercial collector
Collection methods: salvage,
• Collection of MPM, Museo Paleontologico di Montevarchi, Arezzo, Italy.
Primary reference: A. Cau, F. M. Dalla Vecchia, and M. Fabbri. 2012. Evidence of a new carcharodontosaurid from the Upper Cretaceous of Morocco. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 57(3):661-665 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135639: authorized by Roger Benson, entered by Roger Benson on 29.10.2012, edited by Matthew Carrano
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)