Also known as NMB Loc. 18671; 95-05-11; mislabelled as PPP# 2127 in Landau et al (2012)
Where: Bocas, Panama (9.1° N, 81.6° W: paleocoordinates 9.0° N, 81.1° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Escudo de Veraguas Formation (Bocas del Toro Group), Piacenzian (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: The upper and lower contacts of the formation are not exposed. BIOSTRATIGRAPHY: from Collins et al. (1999), not specified to Early or Late Pliocene; direct date extrapolated from Cheetham et al. (1999); age range also provided by Bybell (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From a height of 78.5 m in section 10 of Collins et al. (1999).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; poorly lithified, burrowed, bioturbated, fine-grained, argillaceous sandstone and poorly lithified, burrowed, bioturbated, argillaceous siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jung et al in 1995; reposited in the BMNH, NMB, USNM
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS:coll. P. Jung, A. Heitz, J. Todd et al., 2/22/95. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel (NMB).
Primary reference: L. S. Collins and A. G. Coates. 1999. A paleobiotic survey of Caribbean faunas from the Neogene of the Isthmus of Panama. Bulletins of American Paleontology (357) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 135885: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)