Also known as PPP# 1723
Where: Darien, Panama (8.5° N, 77.7° W: paleocoordinates 8.2° N, 76.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tuira Formation (Lara Group), Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Tuira Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Middle Miocene, in text; subsequent publications suggest late Miocene or early Pliocene age; Coates et al. (2004) suggests a Tortonian age (11.2-8.3 Ma). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel.
Primary reference: B. Landau, R. E. Petit, and C. M. Silva. 2012. New Cancellariidae (Mollusca, Gastropoda) from the Miocene Gatun Formation of Panama, with eleven new species. Journal of Paleontology 86(6):907-930 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136007: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)