Where: Colombia (10.9° N, 75.1° W: paleocoordinates 10.9° N, 75.1° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cumana Formation, Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Pleistocene; placed in Late Pleistocene on the basis of stratirgraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 10 m above high tide.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: University of California Berkeley Museum of Paleontology (UCMP).
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136268: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)