Where: Venezuela (11.0° N, 63.9° W: paleocoordinates 11.0° N, 63.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: El Manglillo Formation, Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the El Manglillo Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Pleistocene; justification not stated in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Hunter; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: V. Hunter. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136355: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)