Where: Dominican Republic (19.3° N, 71.7° W: paleocoordinates 19.3° N, 71.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Gurabo Formation, Messinian to Messinian (7.2 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Gurabo Fm, which overlies the Cercado Fm, and is overlain by the Mao Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); assigned to Messinian-Zanclean at present. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Landau; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: B. Landau. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel, Switzerland.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136385: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)