Also known as PPP# 3551; PJ 2330
Where: Manabi, Ecuador (1.0° S, 80.7° W: paleocoordinates 1.0° S, 80.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From unnamed unit, for which lithostratigraphic details are not described. AGE: Pleistocene; justification not stated in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: "shell bed".
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; shelly/skeletal siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jung et al. in 1999; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: P. Jung, A. Heitz, J. Todd et al., 19.6.1999. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel, Switzerland.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136455: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)