Where: Trinidad and Tobago (10.1° N, 61.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.9° N, 58.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Trinity Hill Sandstone Member (Moruga Formation), Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Trinity Hill Sandstone Mbr of the Moruga Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Middle Miocene in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: USGS, now USNM.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136539: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)