Also known as NMB Loc. 17830
Where: Bocas del Toro, Panama (9.1° N, 82.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.1° N, 81.7° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cayo Agua Formation (Bocas del Toro Group), Piacenzian (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Cayo Agua Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: early late Pliocene, 2.9-3.6 Ma; direct date from Cheetham et al. (1999). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 52.75 m in section 17 of Collins & Coates (1999).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jung et al. in 1988; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Peter Jung, R. Panchaud & Dana Geary, 3.6.1988. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel, Switzerland.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136540: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)