Where: Tasmania, Australia (42.6° S, 146.9° E: paleocoordinates 75.7° S, 131.1° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Knocklofty Formation, Induan (252.2 - 251.2 Ma)
• Palynology and vertebrate biostratigraphy have been used to argue for an earliest Triassic age for the Knocklofty Formation (Cosgriff 1974; Camp & Banks 1978).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; gray mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by G Hale, R Mather in the 1960s
• UTGD: Geology Department, University of Tasmania, Hobart.
Primary reference: J. W. Cosgriff. 1974. Lower Triassic Temnospondyli of Tasmania. The Geological Society of America, Special Paper 149:1-134 [R. Butler/R. Butler]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136594: authorized by Richard Butler, entered by Richard Butler on 30.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)