Where: Bolívar, Colombia (10.6° N, 75.4° W: paleocoordinates 10.4° N, 74.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tubará Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubará Formation, which overlies the Las Pedices Group (Early Miocene), and is overlain by the Galapa Group (Late Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, according Barrios (1960), but assigned by the enterer to the Early Pliocene based on more recent biostratigraphic correlations. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: UCMP, Berkeley, California.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 136630: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.11.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)