Where: Costa Rica (9.7° N, 85.1° W: paleocoordinates 9.7° N, 85.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• basin-level geographic resolution
When: Montezuma Formation, Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Montezuma Formation. AGE: Pleistocene, according to Baumgartner et al. (1984, p. 96, 126); justification not provided in text; Pliocene in Aguilar (1987); placed in Pleistocene by enterer on the basis of Jung (1989). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: List is representative of formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; fine-grained, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Unknown, presumably in Costa Rica, but also NMB.
Primary reference: A. G. Beu. 2010. Neogene Tonnoidean Gastropods of Tropical and South America; contributions to the Dominican Republic and Panama Paleontology Projects and Uplift of the Central American Isthmus. Bulletins of American Paleontology (377-378)1-550 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 136817: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.12.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)