Where: Mendoza, Argentina (35.5° S, 69.9° W: paleocoordinates 33.6° S, 32.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tithonian (152.1 - 145.0 Ma)
• "marnas negras del Titoniano"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; black marl and coal
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by L. Catalano in 1941
• collected by Luciano R. Catalano during June 5-7, 1941.
Primary reference: C. Rusconi. 1943. Presencia de un plesiosaurio en Mendoza [Presence of a plesiosaur in Mendoza]. Boletin Paleontológico de Buenos Aires 15:1-4 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 137136: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 11.12.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)