Where: Victoria, Australia (38.5° S, 145.4° E: paleocoordinates 77.6° S, 113.5° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Eumeralla Formation (Otway Group), Aptian (125.0 - 113.0 Ma)
• "The Eumeralla Formation includes the informal ‘Wonthaggi’ formation of the Gippsland Basin mentioned in some 50 references; these units are lithologically continuous and represent a single depositional (Otway-Gippsland) basin formed by Early Cretaceous rifting between Australia and Antarctica" (Benson et al. 2013).
•"Eumeralla (=Wonthaggi) Formation (early–middle Aptian; Wagstaff & McEwan-Mason 1989)"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: channel lag; conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by M. Cleeland, K. Kool, Constantine
Collection methods: surface (in situ), mechanical,
• NMV P: Museum of Victoria, Palaeontology
Primary reference: A. Warren, T. M. Rich, and P. Vickers-Rich. 1997. The last last labyrinthodont?. Palaeontographica Abteilung A 247:1-24 [R. Butler/R. Butler]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 137194: authorized by Richard Butler, entered by Richard Butler on 11.12.2012, edited by Roger Benson
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)