Where: England, United Kingdom (50.6° N, 1.9° W: paleocoordinates 41.5° N, 7.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cypridea posticalis other zone, Worbarrow Tout Member (Lulworth Formation), Middle Berriasian (145.0 - 140.2 Ma)
• Lower part of the Cherty Freshwater Member, in the upper part of the Lulworth Formation = Worbarrow Tour Mbr
•Exact bed unknown, but the horizon is below the Sunnydown Farm microvertebrate beds (DB 102/103 and DB 98-100, and above the ‘Mammal Bed’ at DB 83 (Marly Freshwater Member).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marginal marine; shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BGS
Collection methods: mechanical,
• Transferred to the BGS from the Geological Society of London collection in 1911 and was originally catalogued as ‘Fish jaw: Jurassic: Purbeckian’, but without further locality or horizon data.
Primary reference: S. E. Evans, M. E. H. Jones, and R. Matsumoto. 2012. A new lizard skull from the Purbeck Limestone Group (Lower Cretaceous) of England. Bulletin de la Société Géologique de France 183(6):517-524 [P. Mannion/P. Mannion]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 138440: authorized by Philip Mannion, entered by Philip Mannion on 18.01.2013
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)