Where: United Kingdom (50.7° N, 2.9° W: paleocoordinates 37.4° N, 3.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Sinemurian (196.5 - 189.6 Ma)
• "Lower Lias" is only stratigraphic info given, but most fish come from the Bucklandi and Semicostatum zones of the Early Sinemurian, specially the "Fish Bed" and "Fish Bed shales" - both in the Semicostatum zone, but also from the "Saurian shales" and other lower beds in the Bucklandi zone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by E. Higgins, M. Anning
• Repository: not stated (possibly at Oxford University Museum). Joint collection of Mr. Edmund Higgins of Cheltenham and Miss Anning.
Primary reference: E. Charlesworth. 1839. On the fossil remains of a species of Hybodus from Lyme Regis. Magazine of Natural History, New Series 3:242-248 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 139854: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 19.02.2013, edited by Jonathan Tennant and Matthew Carrano
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)