Where: England, United Kingdom (51.3° N, 2.2° W: paleocoordinates 40.9° N, 0.2° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Lewes Nodular Chalk Formation (Chalk Group), Turonian (93.9 - 89.8 Ma)
• The macrofauna found by members of the Bristol University party dates the horizon as probably Turonian, this being later confirmed by the identification of the microfauna.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified chalk
Size class: macrofossils
Collected in 6th March 1963
Collection methods: bulk,
• Specimens retained at University of Bristol, Geological Museum.
Primary reference: M. Waldman. 1965. A coelacanth, Macropoma, from the Chalk of Wiltshire. Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society 111-112 [M. Bell/M. Bell]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 140628: authorized by Mark Bell, entered by Mark Bell on 13.03.2013
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)