Also known as Woodring Loc. 162; B762a
Where: Santa Barbara County, California (34.7° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.5° N, 119.0° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Foxen Mudstone Formation, Zanclean to Zanclean (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Foxen Mudstone, which overlies the Sisquoc Formation (late Miocene-early Pliocene) and underlies the Careaga Formation (late Pliocene). AGE: Early-middle Pliocene, on the basis of foraminiferal and microfossil biostratigraphy.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by W. Woodring; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Not reported, but assumed to be W. Woodring. REPOSITORY: Smithsonian (USNM).
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring and M.N. Bramlette. 1950. Geology and paleontology of the Santa Maria District California. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 222 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 189552: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.10.2017
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)