Where: San Juan, Argentina (30.0° S, 68.0° W: paleocoordinates 46.6° S, 33.5° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Scaphonyx-Exaeretodon-Herrerasaurus other zone, Cancha de Bochas Member (Ischigualasto Formation), Carnian (237.0 - 228.0 Ma)
• ~100 m above the base of the formation according to Cox (1965). This would place the locality within the "Scaphonyx-Exaeretodon-Herrerasaurus biozone" of Martinez et al. (2011: Science 331: 206) which reportedly represents "a narrow temporal interval from 231.5 to 229 Ma in the latter half of the Carnian stage".
•5 specimens from "about" the same horizon (Cox 1965).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the MCZ
• MACN: Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales
Primary reference: C. B. Cox. 1965. New Triassic dicynodonts from South America, their origins and relationships. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B 248(753):457-516 [J. Alroy/R. Whatley/R. Whatley]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 34702: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Robin Whatley on 16.09.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)