Where: Florida (29.4° N, 82.4° W: paleocoordinates 29.5° N, 74.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• basin-level geographic resolution
When: Williston Limestone Formation (Ocala Group), Priabonian (38.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Willistone Limestone of the Ocala Group, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Upper Eocene in text, consistent with other collections; Jackson Stage = Priabonian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the FLMNH
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but presumably includes Florida Museum of Natural History.
Primary reference: C. W. Oyen and R. W. Portell. 2001. Diversity patterns and biostratigraphy of Cenozoic echinodems from Florida. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 166:193-218 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 34994: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.10.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)