Where: Florida (29.9° N, 81.3° W: paleocoordinates 29.9° N, 81.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• basin-level geographic resolution
When: Anastasia Formation, Late/Upper Pleistocene (0.1 - 0.0 Ma)
• Data a composite of Anastasia Formation localities in Florida.
•See Sellards (1912) for original description - Sellards, E. H., 1912, Florida Geological Survey Fourth Annual Report, p. 1-79.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, brown, gray, sandy, calcareous carbonate
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the FLMNH
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• Compilation of known taxa from Anastasia Formation, Florida State. Comprises range on unspecified collecting techniques.
Primary reference: C. W. Oyen and R. W. Portell. 2001. Diversity patterns and biostratigraphy of Cenozoic echinodems from Florida. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 166:193-218 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 35030: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.10.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)