Where: Tuva, Russian Federation (51.7° N, 94.3° E: paleocoordinates 53.6° N, 93.8° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Saldam Formation, Late/Upper Jurassic (163.5 - 145.0 Ma)
• uppermost member (unnamed) of Saldam Formation
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; concretionary, gray, green, calcareous siltstone and fine-grained, brown, gray, argillaceous limestone
•"formed by intense fault-block movements"
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by V. I. Kudryavtsev, V. I. Zabelin, & PIN in 1957-2004
Collection methods: quarrying,
• discovered in 1957 by geologists S. M. Paletskikh, Yu. S. Golovin, & S. I. Abramovich. Reopened in 2001 by V. I. Kudryavtsev & V. I. Zabelin; visited by PIN expedition in 2002-.
Primary reference: A. I. Kudryavtsev and V. I. Kudryavtsev. 2003. Mineral composition of dinosaur fossils from the Kalbak-Kyry locality, Tuva. Paleontological Journal 37(4):96-102 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 35288: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 24.11.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)