Where: Canada (73.5° N, 112.0° W: paleocoordinates 2.6° S, 26.7° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Weatherall Formation, Early/Lower Givetian (388.1 - 383.7 Ma)
• Early Givetian; ensensis conodont zone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Reposited in the GSC
• Other elements occurring in this formation (not necessarily this sample) but not listed by name include: lingulids, fish, nautiloids, tentaculites, crinoid ossicles, trilobites, articulate brachiopods.
Primary reference: P. A. Johnston and Q. H. Goodbody. 1988. Middle Devonian bivalves from Melville Island, Arctic Canada. In N. J. McMillan, A. F. Embry, and D. J. Glass (eds.), Devonian of the World, Volume III. Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists. Calgary, Alberta, Canada 337-346 [M. Foote/M. Foote/M. Foote]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 35524: authorized by Michael Foote, entered by Michael Foote on 19.12.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)