Also known as Krommspruit, Krommespruit
Where: Eastern Cape, South Africa (30.5° S, 27.4° E: paleocoordinates 50.0° S, 1.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Lower Member (Elliot Formation), Norian to Norian (228.0 - 201.3 Ma)
• base of "Red Beds" = lower Elliot Fm.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected in 1918
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (float), surface (in situ), mechanical,
• bones found weathered down slope of a steep kopje, then traced to a "pocket" of in situ bones near the top.
Primary reference: S. H. Haughton. 1924. The fauna and stratigraphy of the Stormberg Series. Annals of the South African Museum 12:323-497 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 36735: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Matthew Carrano on 11.02.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)