Also known as Big Mamma
Where: Omnogov, Mongolia (43.7° N, 100.9° E: paleocoordinates 40.8° N, 90.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Djadokhta Formation, Campanian (83.6 - 72.1 Ma)
• This may be sublocality 8, see text (p. 449) in Dashzeveg et al. (1995).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: eolian; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (in situ), mechanical,
• Institute of Geology, Mongolia.
Primary reference: P. J. Makovicky and M. A. Norell. 1998. A partial ornithomimid braincase from Ukhaa Tolgod (Upper Cretaceous, Mongolia). American Museum Novitates 3247:1-16 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 37211: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Robin Whatley on 05.03.2004, edited by Matthew Carrano
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)