Also known as Chlamys praescabiuscula community sample 3
Where: Pordenone, Italy (46.2° N, 12.8° E: paleocoordinates 45.0° N, 12.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Preplans Sandstone Formation, Aquitanian (23.0 - 20.4 Ma)
• Miocene Torento-Meduna sequence unconformably overlies the Eocene Clauzetto Flysch (Flysch di Clauzetto) and is composed of Preplans Sandstone, Zouf marl, Rugo Mizza Sandstone, San Martino Calcarenite, Torrente Meduna Siltstone, Maraldi Sandstone, Bier Puddingstone, and Montello Conglomerate. total thickness of the Preplans Sandstopne does not exceed 115 m.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; fine-grained, medium, pebbly, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk,
• Based on single bulk samples, about 30 cubic centimetres each. Grain size data also provided.
Primary reference: M.P. Bernasconi and E. Robba. 1993. Molluscan palaeoecology and sedimentological features: an integrated appraoch from the Miocene Meduna section, northern Italy. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 100:267-290 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 37352: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.03.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)