Where: Dona Ana County, New Mexico (32.4° N, 106.9° W: paleocoordinates 0.2° N, 37.2° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Robledo Mountains Member (Hueco Formation), Sakmarian (295.5 - 290.1 Ma)
• Probably equivalent to "Abo Tongue" - Robledo Mountains Mb. is 120 m thick beginning 300 m above the base of the Hueco Fm.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone and lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the NMMNH
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• "Small but relatively diverse collections were made from an approximately 10-meter-thick interval at the base of the slope."
Primary reference: B. S. Kues. 1995. Marine fauna of the Early Permian (Wolfcampian) Robledo Mountains Member, Hueco Formation, southern Robledo Mountains, New Mexico. New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin 6:63-90 [D. Bottjer/M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 39150: authorized by David Bottjer, entered by Matthew Clapham on 21.05.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)