Also known as #38A M-F8
Where: Valdez-Codova County, Alaska (62.9° N, 142.2° W: paleocoordinates 10.5° S, 76.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Devonian (382.7 - 358.9 Ma)
• The beds do not constitute a well defined group, but are assigned to middle Devonian on the basis of faunal composition and stratigraphically associated units. Devonian rocks in the Buck Creek area comprise a variety of clastic sedimentary rocks, including shale, quartzite, grit, and others, which are associated with limestone beds. All the beds are folded and tilted. No estimate of thickness is not known, but probably is several thousand feet.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; coarse-grained, gray, blue limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections submitted to Edwin Kirk for identification.
Primary reference: F.H. Moffit. 1954. Geology of the eastern part of the Alaska Range and adjacent area. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 989(D) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 40667: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.06.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)