Where: Madison County, Montana (45.7° N, 111.0° W: paleocoordinates 7.0° S, 44.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lodgepole limestone Formation (Madison Group), Kinderhookian to Kinderhookian (360.7 - 353.8 Ma)
• This paper is concerned with the basal crinoidal unit of the Lodgepole limestone which is less than 10 feet in thickness. Holothurian plates are abundant in the basal two feet but are also found in other beds of this unit.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fine-grained, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: microfossils
Preservation: original calcite
Collection methods: chemical, sieve,
• All studied specimens are in the paleontologic collections of the University of Notre Dame (UND), Notre Dame, Indiana and University of Missouri (UMo), Columbia.
Primary reference: R. C. Gutschick, W. F. Canis, and K. G. Brill, Jr. 1967. Kinderhook (Mississippian) holothurian sclerites from Montana and Missouri. Journal of Paleontology 41(6):1461-1480 [M. Patzkowsky/J. Bonelli/J. Bonelli]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41437: authorized by Mark Patzkowsky, entered by James Bonelli on 14.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)