Where: Levy County, Florida (29.2° N, 82.7° W: paleocoordinates 29.4° N, 75.1° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Inglis Limestone Formation (Ocala Group), Priabonian (38.0 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Inglis Fm of the Ocala Group, which is overlain by the Williston Limestone, and overlies the Avon Park Limestone; originally proposed as Inglis Member of Moodys Branch Fm by Vernon (1951). AGE: Priabonian; Moodys Branch=Bartonian (JAS 14 October 2010); emended to Priabonian as no longer placed in Moodys Branch Fm (AJWH 15 August 2014). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the FLMNH
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Formerly at Florida Geological Survey; likely now at Florida Museum of Natural History (FLMNH).
Primary reference: H. G. Richards and K.V.W. Palmer. 1953. Eocene Mollusks from Citrus and Levy Counties, Florida. Florida Geological Survey Geological Bulletin (35) [A. Miller/K. Layou/K. Layou]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41476: authorized by Arnold Miller, entered by Karen Layou on 15.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)