Where: Merida, Venezuela (8.0° N, 71.3° W: paleocoordinates 5.5° S, 34.4° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Palmarito Formation, Kungurian (279.3 - 272.3 Ma)
• Exotic block, stratigraphic position unknown. Palmarito Fm contains Perrinites hilli and Parafusulina of Kungurian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep subtidal shelf; shelly/skeletal, black, gray, silty wackestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: replaced with silica
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, mechanical,
• Prepared by HCl etching, with the small amount of accumulated silt removed by air abrasion.
Primary reference: P.R. Hoover. 1981. Paleontology, Taphonomy, and Paleoecology of the Palmarito Formation (Permian of Venezuela). Bulletins of American Paleontology 80(313):1-138 [D. Bottjer/M. Clapham/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41517: authorized by David Bottjer, entered by Matthew Clapham on 15.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)