Where: Japan (32.4° N, 130.2° E: paleocoordinates 39.7° N, 124.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Toishi Formation, Middle Eocene (48.6 - 37.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Toishi Fm, which conformably overlies the Kyoragi Fm (Middle Eocene), and is conformably overlain by the Itchada Fm (Late Eocene). THICKNESS: From bed within formation of group that attains a thickness of ~500 m. AGE: Middle Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lowermost part of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: A. Mizuno (c. 1964). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71018: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)