Where: France (47.6° N, 5.5° E: paleocoordinates 37.7° N, 15.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Hodsoni Zone zone, Middle Bathonian (167.7 - 164.7 Ma)
• Bulk of fossil plants originate from a marine level at the transition from a group of bioclasic and oolithic calcarenites to a group of sublithographic limestones. Different locaties are slightly diachronous.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: microfossils
Preservation: original sporopollenin
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, mechanical,
• This flora is an approximation for the missing palynological data from the Mamers region (see ref. 31318).
Primary reference: M. Philippe, F. Thevenard, G. Barale, S. Ferry, and G. Guignard. 1998. Middle Bathonian floras and phytocoenoses of France. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 143:135-158 [C. Looy/F. Verbruggen/F. Verbruggen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 31319: authorized by Cindy Looy, entered by Frederike Verbruggen on 07.05.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)