Where: Puerto Rico (18.0° N, 66.9° W: paleocoordinates 16.9° N, 66.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Collazo Shale Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Collazo Shale which regionally underlies the Lares Limestone and Ponce chalky beds (Late Oligocene). Correlatable to the Antigua Fm (Antigua) and lower Culebra Fm (canal zone). AGE: Middle Oligocene based on macro- and microfaunal biostratigraphy. Here placed in the Early Oligocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, green shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Reeds in 1915
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: C. Reeds (AMNH), 1915. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but is likely to be AMNH, New York.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1920. Tertiary Mollusca from Porto Rico. Scientific Survey of Porto Rico and the Virgin Islands 3(1):1-78 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80195: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)