Where: New Brunswick, Canada (45.1° N, 66.8° W: paleocoordinates 72.0° S, 59.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Wades Lane Formation, Branchian (520.0 - 513.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Wades Lane Fm, which unconformably overlies the Random Fm, and is unconformably overlain by the Fossil Brook Mbr. AGE: Later part of the late Early Cambrian Branchian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From near base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original phosphate
Collected by Landing & Johnson
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, but presumably Landing and Johnson. REPOSITORY: New Brunswick Department of Natural Resources, Geological Surveys Branch.
Primary reference: E. Landing, S. C. Johnson, and G. Geyer. 2008. Faunas and Cambrian volcanism on the Avalonian marginal platform, southern New Brunswick. Journal of Paleontology 82(5):884-905 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 84379: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.10.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)