Where: Nuevo León, Mexico (26.8° N, 100.1° W: paleocoordinates 28.1° N, 69.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Vallecillo Platy Limestone Member (Agua Nueva Formation), Early/Lower Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Vallecillo Platy Limestone of the Agua Nueva Formation. AGE: Early Turonian, on the basis of ammonite (P. flexurosum), inoceramid (M. puebloensis) and planktonic foraminiferal (W. archaeocretacea) biostratigraphic zonation. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 2.08 m above base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, ferruginous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Facultad de Ciencias de le Tierra (UANL-FCT).
Primary reference: D. Fuchs, C. Ifrim, and W. Stinnesbeck. 2008. A new Palaeoctopus (Cephalopoda: Coleoidea) from the Late Cretaceous of Vallecillo, north-eastern Mexico, and implications for the evolution of Octopoda. Palaeontology 51(5):1129-1139 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 84950: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.11.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)