Where: Bolívar, Colombia (10.3° N, 75.4° W: paleocoordinates 10.0° N, 73.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tubará Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubará Formation, which overlies the Las Pedices Group (Early Miocene), and is overlain by the Galapa Group (Late Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, according Barrios (1960), suggested to be Early Pliocene based on more recent biostratigraphic correlations, but placed in Late Miocene by enterer on the basis of faunal composition. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From horizon P.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Andeson
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Andeson, c. 1920's. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1929. Marine Miocene and related deposits of North Colombia. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences 18(4):73-213 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88308: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)