Also known as UALVP Loc. 980
Where: Northwest Territories, Canada (62.4° N, 127.1° W: paleocoordinates 9.1° N, 54.0° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Edgecombeaspis belli trilobite zone, Delorme Group, Llandovery (443.4 - 433.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Delorme Group, inter-tonguing members of the Whittaker and Road River formations, in tongue 1R (Road River lithology; see Soehn et al., 2000). AGE: Early Silurian, Late Llandovery–Early Wenlock; ?upper Cyrtograptus sakmaricus-C. laqueus Graptolite Zone; Edgecombeaspis belli Trilobite Zone; Pentameroides septentrionalis-Hesperorthis avalanchensis Brachiopod Zone; Pseudooneotodus bicornis Conodont Superzone; upper Loganellia scotica-L. siberica GVZ. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 208 m.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Soehn in 1990
• COLLECTOR: K.L. Soehn, 1990. REPOSITORY: University of Alberta Laboratory for Vertebrate Paleontology (UALVP) of the Departments of Biological Sciences and Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, and in the University of Alberta Paleontology Collections (UAPC) of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
Primary reference: K. L. Soehn, T. Märss, M. W. Caldwell and M. V. H. Wilson. 2001. New and biostratigraphically useful thelodonts from the Silurian of the Mackenzie Mountains, Northwest Territories, Canada. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 21(4):651-659 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90314: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)