Where: Russian Federation (52.3° N, 35.4° E: paleocoordinates 7.9° S, 18.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Frasnian (383.7 - 382.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: No lithostratigraphic data reported; Utekhin (1972) assigned the bone beds to the Lower Shchigry Subformation, which is presently referred to the nonstratified Pashi and Kyn (Timan) horizons.. AGE: Lower Frasnian, upper Timan regional stage; since no conodonts or invertebrates occurred in the Devonian beds, they were dated based on the agnathan and fish assemblage. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: These beds are approximately 0.5–0.7 m thick, overlying sand, sandstone, and clay strata without faunal remains and underlying the Middle Jurassic beds.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal; poorly lithified, gray, blue claystone and poorly lithified, black, argillaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Moloshnikov in 2002; reposited in the PIN
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Moloshnikov (2002). REPOSITORY: Paleontological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (PIN).
Primary reference: S. V. Moloshnikov. 2007. Psammosteiforms (Agnatha, Heterostraci) from the Lower Frasnian of the Mikhailovskii Mine, Kursk Region, Russia. Paleontological Journal 41(5):84-88 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90343: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)