Also known as RSN 87-2020P ; Loc. 5 of Young (1997)
Where: Northern Territory, Australia (23.8° S, 131.8° E: paleocoordinates 13.6° N, 163.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Phragmodus-Plectodina conodont zone, Stokes Siltstone Formation, Llanvirn (466.0 - 460.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Stokes Siltstone, which overlies the Stairway Sandstone (Llanvirn), and is overlain by the Carmichael Sandstone (Caradocian-Ashgillian). AGE: Llanvirn or late Darriwilian, on the basis of conodont biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Basal member of the Stokes Siltstone, about 20-30 m above the base of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Young
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: G. C. Young, 1980's. REPOSITORY: Commonwealth Palaeontological Collection, AGSO, Canberra, Australia.
Primary reference: G. C. Young. 1997. Ordovician Microvertebrate Remains from the Amadeus Basin, Central Australia. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 17(1):1-25 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90418: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)